Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Life Verse

Have you ever had the experience of finding your life verse? I hope so.

I just had that experience a few weeks ago. I had been reading through Jeremiah for my daily reading and came across the most unexpected verses:

Jeremiah 10:23 - 24 (KJV) O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.

This prayer by Jeremiah came after many chapters of pronouncing God's judgments against Israel for their refusal to repent. But, according to Jeremiah's prayer, correction is of the Lord. This is astounding and is worthy of much meditation. If correction is of the Lord and He punishes for not repenting then I think we must all be on our knees praying "Correct me, O Lord, but not in anger lest thou bring me to nothing!"

No comments: